As a member of the food industry, we are considered an essential business. We are working hard to keep our customers and employees safe during this pandemic. Visit this link to view the Global Cold Chain Alliance Information for Cold Storage Warehouse and here to view the FDA Food Safety Guidelines for COVID-19.
At Professor T's we are doing the following to keep you safe, according to CDC recommendations:
What can individuals do to protect others in the workplace?
1. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
2. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
4. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
5. Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.
6. Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
7. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and throw the tissues in the trash.
8. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
What our organization does to protect people working and entering our workplace
1. Actively encourage sick employees to stay home.
- Ensure that our sick leave policies are flexible and consistent with public health guidance and that employees are aware of these policies.
- Talk with companies that provide our business with contract or temporary employees about the importance of sick employees staying home and encourage them to develop non-punitive leave policies.
- Maintain flexible policies that permit employees to stay home to care for a sick family member. Employers should be aware that more employees may need to stay at home to care for sick children or other sick family members than is usual.
2. Separate sick employees
- CDC recommends that employees who appear to have acute respiratory illness symptoms (i.e. cough, shortness of breath) upon arrival to work or become sick during the day should be separated from other employees and be sent home immediately.
3. Emphasize staying home when sick, respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene by all employees
- Place posters that encourage staying home when sick, cough and sneeze etiquette, and hand hygiene at the entrance to your workplace and in other workplace areas where they are likely to be seen.
- Provide soap and water, alcohol-based hand rubs, tissues and no-touch disposal receptacles for use by employees. Ensure that adequate supplies are maintained.
4. Perform routine environmental cleaning particularly for frequently touched surfaces daily.
5. Advise employees before traveling to check the CDC’s traveler’s health notices and not travel if they have symptoms of acute respiratory illness.
We ship via FedEx Ground. Please visit here
to see their COVID-19 policies.